Long ago, the “speakeasy” was created as a place to have fun while evading legal restrictions around gambling. In that same light, we’ve created a fun (but COVID-safe) event that lets you experience the fun of a real-world tour without breaking any laws.
- Escape the confinement of isolation for the perfect getaway
- Experience the newest way to go on a holiday from the comfort of your home
- No more awkward pauses or tech issues — our MCs will be live in the room to facilitate both the tasting and meeting new people from around the globe
- Top-shelf quality whiskies for every palate
- No boring lectures — your designated Party Captain will get everyone involved with mini-games, trivia and more
Isolation doesn’t have to be isolating. Speakeasy was created to recreate the spark of a famous Hidden Bar tour from the comfort of your couch.
Join your tour guides as they bring you on a virtual tour of their favourite things — whiskies and gins, cheeses and beers, wines and more wines.
Your experience will begin with the arrival of our hand-curated goodie box containing the edible and drinkable elements of your event. Resist the urge to consume them right away — good things come to those who wait.
Your box will contain detailed instructions on how to prepare for your event. Follow those instructions carefully, then get ready for an evening of escape.
Your event will take place via video conference — one that doesn’t suck. Our MCs will be present to ELIMINATE THE AWKWARD part of online conversations.
Have you ever been in a video conference with:
- Two people speaking over one another
- One person forgets to mute the microphone so all that can be heard is the dog barking
- Forehead close-ups
- The world’s longest awkward pause
Our MCs are here to avoid all this — by guiding the conversation, ensuring Bob mutes his microphone BEFORE he heads for the toilet, and asking Brenda to adjust her camera, your MCs will ensure your event is a fun and friendly replacement for an in-person experience.
Our tour guides have been rebranded as MCs as they lead fun-filled digital events focusing on whisky, gin, beer, wine, cheese, or whatever else might be of interest.
Your event will begin with an introduction to the others in your event. After introductions, you’ll begin your first tasting session. Your MC swill provide tasting notes, then teach you the perfect way to taste from home.
What follows is two hours of tastings, mini-games, mini-sessions. By the end of the event you’ll have made fast friends with your co-participants, and the fun will continue in the days to come as you converse with your team and try additional samples.
It’s a social event built for the COVID-19 world. Just because we’re isolating doesn’t mean we should feel isolated.