Complete Sydney Walking Tour
Get the crash course on everything Sydney — including a coffee and beer — in just 3 hours.
- Cancel up to 24 hours prior to departure for a full refund
- Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- Rated #1 on TripAdvisor
- See the behind the scenes of Sydney – from the historic (First Fleet) to the contemporary (cafes & bars)
- Learn the origin story of Sydney
- Understand what makes Sydney the economic capital of the Southern hemisphere
- Relax with a coffee at a busy city cafe
- Sip on a beer at an iconic Aussie pub
- Learn from a passionate local about what makes this city so unique
Complete Sydney Walking Tour Overview
When visiting a city sa big and vibrant as Sydney, there are choices aplenty of walking tours to participate in.
We focus on giving you the “Complete” experience — starting with the history (Aboriginal Australia through to today) then moving onto other important bits like our favourite cafes, pubs, museums and walks to do around.
When we write our Complete Tour, we like to think “For someone who has just 3 hours in the city, what are the spots they absolutely HAVE to see, and what MUST they know?”
By the end of the tour you’ll be not only entertained, but filled with lots of recommendations about what to do with the rest of your time in Sydney and beyond.
Complete Sydney Walking Tour Full Description
After meeting your guide (look for the blue umbrella!) and group near St. James Station, get together for an introduction before beginning a journey through the history and culture of Sydney. Start by learning about the First Fleet and marveling at historic buildings around our start point, then get going into the city to gain a deeper understanding of what we consider the most amazing city in the world.
The exact schedule depends on the day and the guide, but you can expect to see and learn about a selection of the following:
[expand trigclass=”noarrow” swaptitle=” ” title=”Continue Reading…” ]
Visit a bustling cafe a for a coffee or tea
Beer at a classic Aussie pub
Friendly, professional guide
What To Bring on Your Sydney Tour
- Weather-Appropriate Clothing: Make sure to bring sun cream on hot days
- Your Camera: If you’d like to take photos and make memories inside our handpicked and unique bar venues!
- A Filled Tummy: We recommend not coming on your tour too hungry, because we have lots of walking to do! The tour concludes at a bar with food on offer.
- Money: If you wish to purchase a meal at the end of the tour.
- Comfortable/Closed-Toe Shoes: Wear shoes comfortable enough to be on your feet for 2-3 hours (with 2 breaks).
Your tour begins at St James Station.
Sydney Complete Tour Reviews
“It was the best city tour we ever had. Our guide, Angus, explained everything very well.”Katja
“our tour guide was so pleasant and filled with information that not only made for a great tour, but improved our next few days of our Sydney exploration.”CsandKuhler
“John made the evening very enjoyable especially around the rocks area where he showed us sights we definately would never have found.”owramman
“It was very interesting and a wonderful 2 hours of learning and seeing parts of Sydney that I'd previously walked by without noticing or realising that a few steps to the right or left would have opened up a new perspective of Sydney. Well recommended!”78phillipl
Sydney Tour FAQs
We cap our group size at 12 people to ensure each person has the chance to have a personalised experience with the bartenders and each other. Plus, some of our venues are too small to fit many more people inside!
Of course! We are happy to host private functions on our personalised private tours. These are 3 hours tours we tailor specifically to your group’s requirements and interests.
Expect to walk about 3km during the tour.
We recommend that you book a private tour for your organisation if there are more than 10 people. We can tailor 3-hour private tours to your specific needs and interests.
Melbourne Free Walking Tour
Join our tour guides for a walk through Australia’s culture capital and learn what makes this city great and so much more.
Urban Wilderness Tour
Hop on a boat in the Royal Botanic Garden, go wildlife spotting, and conduct citizen science for on the Yarra River.