There are inherent risks, dangers and hazards in any walking tours which includes walking, visiting local restaurants and bars and riding on public transportation. We will endeavour to make your tour as safe as possible, but not all risks, dangers and hazards can be anticipated or avoided. You are expressly assuming those risks personally and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, releasing the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including, but not limited to:
- Property loss or damage
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder
- In participating in the activity I, the passenger, agree to the conditions set out as above and consent to the conditions in clauses 1.1 to 1.6 below and 2 to 7.
- I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next of kin are bound by the terms and conditions.
- I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils set out in B above and to indemnify the Operator against any such claims.
- I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may be aggravated by this activity.
- I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of this treatment.
- I agree that any films, sound, video or other recordings taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval.
- I agree to listen to my guide, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same
Our free tours operate on a first-come, first served basis. They are designed for independent travellers as a way to discover a city without asking for any payment.
If you enjoy your tour, you are invited to give whatever you think the tour has been worth at the conclusion of the tour.
While no payment is necessary, the only way we can guaunrtee your spot and send an appropriate number of guides to the starting point is if you pre-book. Whilst we typically accept walk-up customers, on days of extremely high volume we may have to turn away guests without a booking.
Free tours are designed for independent travellers and locals and are not appropriate for organised school groups, work groups or conferences. We cannot accept groups of 10 or more on our free walking tours, but we will happily arrange a private tour for you.
Our paid tours are open to the public and can be booked on our website.
Vouchers, Payments and Refunds
- Any vouchers issued by an agent for the Walks 101 is non-transferable.
- The selling agent and or Operator accept no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
- This voucher is based on fares and tariffs, which are, to the best of the Operators knowledge, correct at the time of issue. Any increases since the date of issue are at the cost of the passenger payable to the Operator.
- Cancellations / Refunds by the Operator –
- The Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel any service as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any other unforeseen event or circumstances- a booking re-scheduling or full refund will be arranged.
- Cancellation or modification by the Customer –
- Up until 24 hours prior to the date and time of pre paid travel the Customer may change or even totally cancel the booking. These changes should be made directly with the Operator.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to tour departure will not be refunded.
- Cancellations for groups of 10 or more participants have special conditions regarding cancellations, which can be viewed in the following section.
- In the event that a pre paid reservation is not utilised by the Customer without any notification to the Operator no reimbursement will be given. “No-shows” will be charged full tour price.
- A re-scheduling fee may be charged if change is made within 24 hours of tour departing.
- Refunds – the Operator reserves the right to assess cancellations on a case by case basis and any decision on refunds is entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
- Any decision regarding an exception to the stated policy will be made entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
- Billing by the Operator –
- All prices displayed on the website, cart and checkout are in Australian Dollars ($AUD).
- The name ‘Walks 101’ will be reflected on your credit card statement.
Private & Corporate Booking Terms
If booking as a group for a private tour, the following terms apply:
- A deposit of 10% of the quoted tour minimum is requested to hold tour date.
- Full payment is required 30 days prior to departure.
- The following fees will be invoiced if agreed bookings are cancelled:
- More than a month in advance – 10% service fee
- Group Bookings cancelled or numbers reduced 7- 14 days prior to departure a 50% charge will be applied
- Additional numbers will be accommodated subject to availability.
- Group bookings cancelled within 7 days of commencement – refunds will not be available
- All changes must be received in writing.
- Bookings are not confirmed until a booking confirmation number is received// or invoice is written and sent// or payment is received by Walks 101 Pty Ltd.
- If Walks 101 Pty Ltd is forced to cancel a booked tour, any prior payments will be fully refunded. Please call (03) 9935 9224 if you have any questions.
- Walks 101 Pty Ltd operate in all weather, though reserves the right to alter or amend an itinerary if circumstances require.
- Personalised itineraries — If you would like a personalised tour, please contact us with specific requests, we are certain to be able to create an itinerary to suit – within our focus of a design snapshot of the city
- If you are unable to participate in a tour, we will meet with you and personalise your options over coffee.
- Corporate bookings
- Corporate bookings are available for groups between 6 and 30 people per session
- Larger groups would be considered case by case.